Protecting Kids from Sexual Abuse Without Scaring Them
Free entry available (proof of NZ residency required)
Learn how to protect and empower children to help them be safe from sexual abuse without scaring them, destroying their trust, or explaining sexual abuse, and we can show you how.
You will leave this program with information and strategies to:
- Teach and reinforce the safety rules for private areas – confidently!
- Recognize the 5 Levels of Intrusion™ – and the skills to protect boundaries at every level
- Explain safety lies as well as “safe” and “unsafe” secrets
- Use the Kidpower boundary and consent checklist to prevent and solve common, everyday problems
- Assess child care providers – Choosing Safe People to Care for your Children
- Recognize potentially unsafe or inappropriate behavior
- Intervening to stop problems
- Adapt to make skills practice age-appropriate and fun rather than scary or confusing
- Reinforce the safety skills in daily life