Fullpower Healthy Relationships for Teens and Adults with Intellectual Disabilities – South Auckland
Free entry available (proof of NZ residency required)
Fullpower Healthy Relationships is a programme developed with and for teens and adults with intellectual disabilities. It provides practical tools to build resiliency and to prevent bullying, violence and abuse.
- 22nd and 29th Nov
- venue to be confirmed upon registration
- run over 2 x 2hr sessions
- for people aged 17 or older
- Funded by Adult Community Education – to access the funding, proof of residency required (i.e birth certificate or passport. If no ID available, declaration to be signed)
The focus of the sessions a will be:
- To give learners clear rules that define healthy relationships and interactions, i.e. that healthy relationships and interactions are:
– OK with Both – i.e. everyone involved (or necessary for health and safety)
– Not a Secret (everyone can know)
– Allowed by the people in charge
- To help learners recognise the early signs of potentially harmful situations.
- To encourage positive daily interactions.
- To ensure that Learners know that they belong to themselves – their body, their space and their feelings – all of them